Our first ever impact report shows how the 90,000 volunteers and 2.3 million members of Neighbourhood Watch schemes are making a difference throughout England and Wales.
Please note: the post below first appeared on the Neighbourhood Watch’s national website, ourwatch.org.uk. You can find the original here.
Neighbourhood Watch helps people connect with their neighbours to build vibrant communities, with a central focus on preventing crime.
Understanding and evidencing the impact Neighbourhood Watch makes towards positive change helps us know we are going in the right direction, engage new and current volunteers, and target our activity to where it is most needed.
In these difficult times of Covid-19, Neighbourhood Watch’s services and role within communities is clearly more in demand than ever. With this Impact Report 2019/20 we demonstrate how the response of Neighbourhood Watch to local needs has made a difference within communities across England and Wales, and honour all those who help make the change needed.
Impact Report 2019/20
We are proud to present our first ever Impact Report 2019/20. It provides insight into the hard work and dedication of our 90,000 volunteers and 2.3 million household members, who support their communities and neighbourhoods in numerous ways, actively helping to make them safer and more connected. The report demonstrates how Neighbourhood Watch builds on our heritage and trusted name to remain at the heart of community life, and impactful today and into the future.
Neighbourhood Watch Crime and Community Survey 2020 Reports
The survey, which was conducted last year, had over 30,000 respondents across England and wales. The purpose of the survey was to better understand the impact of Neighbourhood Watch on:
- levels of crime victimisation
- fear of crime and feelings of safety
- community cohesion and loneliness
- and to better understand the current reach and diversity of Neighbourhood Watch.
The results show some great benefits of being a member of Neighbourhood Watch and living in a Neighbourhood Watch area. The National Report and Regional Reports can be found below.
Crime Survey 2020 Reports
- Neighbourhood Watch National Crime and Community Report 2020
- East of England Crime and Community Report 2020
- East Midlands Crime and Community Report 2020
- London Crime and Community Report 2020
- North East Crime and Community Report 2020
- North West Crime and Community Report 2020
- West Midlands Crime and Community Report 2020
- South West Crime and Community Report 2020
- South East Crime and Community Report 2020